Facilitated by Raluca Vintila, Instructional Design & E-Learning Coordinator, this course was held in Hong Kong, between 1st and 3rd of June 2016 and is part of a series of certification courses dedicated to rigorous usage of KPIs in practice.
In the first day, the course agenda covered the following subjects:
- The world of KPIs;
- Understanding KPIs;
- KPI typology;
- KPI taxonomy.
The second day sessions covered the following discussion topics:
- KPI Selection;
- KPI Alignment;
- KPI Documentation;
- Working with targets.
In the third day of the course the next themes were approached:
- Data gathering;
- Data visualization;
- Review and Certification Exam.
“This is my first time to learn about KPIs. I think all the sessions were very systematic and presented in an organized way.” said Irene Lai Wah Lee, Head of Administration & Personnel at SAFE Investment Company Limited
In order to enable both the theoretical understanding and practical experience of using a variety performance management tools and techniques for deploying KPIs correctly across different industries and functional areas, some of the methods used throughout the course were:
- Group discussions, exercises, simulations and case studies;
- Explanation of the theory regarding performance measurement;
- Presentation of the performance management templates as tools to support the integration of performance management practices in organizations;
- Customized feedback regarding the present use and the future plans for implementing performance management systems;
- Active involvement of all the participants in a collaborative learning environment where opinions and experiences are shared.
The course was attended by professionals from Hong Kong having different backgrounds and areas of expertise in their working fields like finance and beauty and skincare.
“We have spent 3 days on meaningful and useful seminars!” said Raimund Tse, Head of Business Strategy at MTM Lab Japan Ltd.
Before beginning the course, sharing challenges of previous experience in working with KPIs was encouraged and some of them were:
- Unclear performance standard – quantitative and qualitative;
- Subjectivity in terms of qualitative aspects that get measured;
- Measure the wrong things;
- Choosing the criteria to be measured;
- Benchmarking data (internally) – setting up the levels for thresholds;
- KPI alignment: top management – team management;
- KPI alignment in terms of targets – accomplishment.
Participants were invited to express some learning needs and they communicated the following expectations from the course:
- Understanding the framework;
- How to set up KPIs at different levels;
- How to link strategic objectives to individual objectives – KPIs;
- How to select the right objectives;
- How to align objectives;
- How to cascade objectives;
- Best practices in KPI selection;
- Qualitative aspects – objectives and KPIs;
- Meeting KPI targets and beyond – link to other org systems;
- How to measure the performance of the company – link to strategy;
- Strategy – link to processes, people and directions;
- What KPIs are all about?
In addition to the training sessions, the learning experience is comprised of a pre-course stage, a core course stage and an after-course stage. Upon participating at the face to face training course and completing all the activities on our eLearning platform participants will receive the following:
- Certificate of Completion (soft copy);
- Certificate of Attendance (hard copy);
- Certified KPI Professional diploma (hard copy).
We strongly advise participants to ensure they will receive the Certified KPI Professional title, as this certification recognizes the professionals’ ability to deploy and use KPIs in accordance with The KPI Institute’s Key Performance Indicators Management Framework, the main body of knowledge on the rigorous use of KPIs in business.
To find out more details, please visit the KPI Professional certification page.
If the opportunity of customized KPI training courses is of interest to you, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a tailored offer.
For more information contact one of our representatives: